The Costa Rica Film Commission is happy to receive filming crews around the world.
We can facilitate support letters for the entry of film crew and equipment to Costa Rica.
Please follow this procedure:
- You must to request the letter at least 8 working days prior to the entry of the crew and equipment, otherwise, the Commission will not be responsible if the letter cannot be ready and sent on time to the Customs and Immigration Office.
Information necessary for the letter:
- Costa Rican Local Production Company Name that will accompany you (Local Producer, Fixer, Line Producer…)
- International Production Company Name
- Small synopsis of the project.
- Specify type of project (commercial, fiction feature film, documentary, reality show, music video, corporate video, photo shoot, etc.)
- Detail of dates & locations where the shooting will take place.
- Name and copy of the passport of the people who will enter the country.
- Indicate airport and flights of entry and exit of all the crew members and talent.
- When and where it would be broadcasted.
- List of equipment and materials that will enter and go back out the country as follow
The Crew List or and the List of the Equipment that will be used, must be sent in xls or xlsx format.
- Download the Crew List Format
- Download the Temporary Import Permit Equipment List Format
- Download the Request of support letter for customs & immigration Format
Send the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com
Links of interest: